Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dream, Believe, Achieve #2 - Sold

24 x 36" Acrylic & Collage
Comissioned for a High School Graduate
Sold

I wanted to include two detail photos. I really love how this painting ended up. Inspirational words are spread out throughout the painting including the gallery wrapped sides.

The patron wanted to see some type of strings in the painting so I collaged in some black string I had laying around. Can you also see my signature heart? It's tiny.




I update the post where I showed you the painting below but I thought I would add it here, too. It sold at the party. Happy girl.


2 comments:

Peggy said...

Excellent!!!! Congratulations!!!!

What party???? I'm looking for the heart, is it painted or collaged??? Also, what's gallery wrapped sides mean????

Amazingly awesome... just think... a year or so ago... you didn't want to open your painting supplies in your living room! And now, you are a starving artist!! Woo hoo!!!

Cheryl Houston said...

What party- I delivered the two paintings to the Graduation party so the Graduate could pick between the two paintings since his mom couldn't decide.

The heart is painted. It's tiny. You can see it in the 2nd detail photo.

Gallery wrap- the canvas wraps around the edges and I painted the edges so no need for framing.

Painting in the living room- I know! Thanks for being such a great cheerleader and champion for me, Peggy!