Monday, January 3, 2011

Music Monday - (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay

I love music. It has a huge influence on my art. On some pieces you can you see lines of lyrics in my art. In others, I may converse with the lyrics.

Music Monday is for spot lighting the songs and artists that influence me. Or, it could just be a song I like.

If I only had one song to listen to for the rest of my life it would be (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay. Written by Otis Redding and Steve Cropper, recorded by Otis Redding shortly before his death in 1967. Redding died in a plane crash at the age of 26 on December 10, 1967. A month later, The Dock of the Bay was released and shot to the top of the charts in 1968.

I wasn't even born yet. I do like to sit in the morning sun. I'd love to live on the dock of the bay someday. Here's the perfect day: Wake up. Put bathing suit on. Make coffe. Sit in morning sun. Drink coffee. Paint. Listen to Dock of the Bay.



If on any Music Monday, the links to the songs don't work just go over to YouTube and google the song title and artist.

No comments: