Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Everything I learned about painting I learned from Bob Burridge - 4 C's

When starting a painting decide on the Four C's.

Content: What are you painting? Paint what you know. I love music and I love the sounds of the guitar therefore I started painting guitars. I'm also intrigued by human relationships and how we related to each other. It is my wish that my artwork inspires others to believe in themselves, encourages them to be better people, to be positive and so on. I have picked up painting hearts. Some flying with wings and others just floating which is kind of ironic. Or serendipitous. Or just a coincidence that Bob also paints hearts. I aslo love the feeling of being in L-O-V-E!

Color: What color is your painting going to be? Get a color wheel. Monochromatic, analycus, complimentary or triatic?
Complosition: How will the painting lay out? Horizontally? Vertically? Golden Rule? Curves? This is where Bob's Composition Board comes in handy.

Commitment: Commit to your intentions stated above.

I had a fifth C while in the workshop. Chris. He was always in my thoughts and I finally just wrote his name on my table as if to say, "Yes, I know."

What you can't see in the picture is that I also wrote the words Content, Color and Composition.

No comments: