Saturday, April 23, 2011

Journal - Shoot the Gap


These pages represent our time at the river. The card game Up and Back is a regular at our reunion as is the game of Scrabble. That's my chair in the middle with my floating cooler. My love of music is present as I had my iPod strapped to my chair.

After all of these years of going to Wimberley for our reunions, there are two constants. One is the hole that gets sat and splashed in by all. We usually put up a wall of smaller rocks to either slow the flow or build the depth. And then the second is a shoot/gap of rapids that the kids also play in. Kelly purchased a float and the kids were floating down them. Their little hands always get raw from rubbing on the rocks. It's a fun weekend.
Don't forget- today at House of Shine we are featuring a new nominee for the Yellow Envelope Project. Check it out.

No comments: