Saturday, May 14, 2011

Journal - Stop Blaming Yourself

I started photographing my journal in the fall of 2010 and I thought it would be cool to get a beginning and ending process.


Every September after I go to curriculum nights I feel an overwhelming amount of guilt that I wasn't able to hold my family together. I feel bad for my boys that they are shuffled between two households and they don't have the stability that kids with still-married parents.

But, then I take a deep breath and know that I did the right thing for me which means I did the best I could for them. They are loved. Andy loves them. I love them. And we do the best we can with the situation at hand.

The On the Fence series to me are little words of encouragement and advice. The words may be small and hidden in the painting where you have to be close to see it but once you see it you know it's there and that's what you tell yourself when you see the painting.

Stop blaming yourself. Forgive yourself.


It's good advice.

Here's more good advice: Join us at House of Shine and help send some shine by participating in the Yellow Envelope Project!

No comments: