Saturday, February 19, 2011

Journal - Texas, I'm Yours

I attended a women's retreat while living in Park City, Utah. It was in June of 2001. Drew was born in October of 2000 and I was pregnant again due in November. I was struggling in my marriage, trying to settle into being a mom, and trying to discover myself and where my art fit into my life.

The black parts at the top right are covering up notes I had taken at that retreat. They weren't important to remember. I was playing with the guitar series idea. While I was painting, I had my iPod playing. Eric Clapton's Rock & Roll Heart and Jason Mraz's I'm Yours were two songs that played that morning.

Utah is a great place to visit and I'm glad that I had a chance to live that adventure but Texas, I'm Yours!

And, House of Shine- I'm yours, too! Check out House of Shine today to see who was nominated for the Yellow Envelope Project. All it takes is 10 minutes and 44 cents. You'll make a difference today.

No comments: